Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Potty Training Chronicles: Part Two

Holy Crap!!!!!

Well, I actually should have posted this a little while ago, but you all know how it goes with me! Ruby did go poop on her potty one time, without any encouragement, or even our awareness! She was just hanging out naked, which is usual around here with me, and Aaron and I were looking at something on the computer. Ruby came in very excited saying, "I went poo-poo! I went poo-poo!" And I was of course thinking, "Oh crap!". So I said, "okay Ruby, show mama where the poo-poo is," as I was already preparing myself to the task of cleaning up poop off the floor. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked when she proudly displayed a huge turd in her potty. We were so proud of her! I wasn't expecting poop on the potty for a long time to come. I was very pleased with the progress she had made so far. Dada and I made a big fuss over her accomplishment, and she also seemed very pleased with herself.

Fast forward to today, which is probably two and a half weeks from the potty poop. There has been no more poop on the potty, or any interest to try that again. But, after a few days of regressing to not wanting to pee on the potty, Ruby is in a very good habit of always using the potty to pee. If she happens to be wearing a diaper, she takes it off to pee. This is great! The incentive of stickers and treats definitely keeps her constant. However, she will not poop! If she is not wearing a diaper, I think she might hold in her poop, because her "schedule" is not predictable any more. So far I really haven't read any advice about potty training, but perhaps now is the time to add to my repertroire of mommy tricks. We have not started to leave the house (unless for very short trips) yet without a diaper on.

Here is the open call for advice, tips, and tricks to continue on with our potty learning success!!!

No comments: